Most people don’t see the use of VPN on their gaming consoles. Xbox is one of the most popular gaming consoles these days. Users believe that their Xbox’s have a secured internet connections. But VPN on Xbox’s don’t only provide security, it also allow you to access the data called Geo Restricted or Zone Restricted.
Follow the instructions below on how you can set up VPN on Xbox. But first you need a crossover cable to connect your Xbox to your computer. These cables are usually available at any electronics store.
1. In order for you to have a VPN on Xbox 360, you will need a VPN service on your computer.
2. Go to the Control Panel menu then choose the “Network and Sharing Center” option. Click on the “Change Adaptor Settings” as seen on the right side of the screen.
3. Right click on Local Area Connections and go to Properties. For Mac, open the Local Area Connection Settings.
4. On the Properties menu, double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”. Check the box that indicates “Use the Following IP Address”.
5. Set the IP address to “188.8.131.52”, no quotes. Under Subnet Mask, enter “255.255.255.0”, no quotes. Leave everything else unchanged and click OK.
6. Right click the “VPN” on the Network and Sharing Center menu. Choose “Main Sharing”. On the “Allow other networks to connect” caption, check the box next to it. This will give you a drop down menu called Home Networking Connections. You need to choose Local Area Network.
8. An Xbox 360 title will appear, choose it. Leave the other two options unchecked.
9. You will now need to connect your VPN from your computer.
10. Now connect your Xbox to your computer using the crossover cable. Connect to the internet.
The setup is finished. You can now enjoy all the Geo Restricted games and data on your Xbox 360.