Did you know that there is a plethora of applications and games you cannot access on your Playstation 3? These apps are geographically restricted to certain countries.
To unlock your PlayStation 3, you need to install a VPN connection on your gaming console.
The first thing you need to do is to get a VPN on your computer. Before you subscribe to any VPN, you first need to consider all the available VPN companies out there. Read reviews and comments to learn the VPN that suits your specific needs.
After installing a VPN on your computer, you simply need a crossover cable to connect your PS3 to it. A crossover cable is available on any electronics store. Follow the procedures below on setting up your VPN on PS3 and computer.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel and then the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Look for the “Change Adaptor Setting” located on the left side of the screen.
- Right click on the Local Area Connection. A window will open up, click on “Properties”.
- You will need to double click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4″ setting. Check on the option that says “Use the Following IP Address”. Enter “188.8.131.52” (no asterisk) under the IP Address space. On the Subnet Mask, enter “255.255.255.0” (no asterisk).
- Those are the only changes you need to do. Everything else should be on default settings. Click “OK”.
- On the Network & Sharing Center menu, right click on the VPN option and choose Main Sharing. Check the box that says “Allow other Networks to connect.”
- Under Home Networking Connections seen at the top of the window, choose whatever you see. It can be PS3 or Local Area Connection.
- Click OK and leave everything else unchanged. Close the opened windows and connect your VPN.
- Now connect the PS3 to the computer. Connect your PS3 to the internet using your computer.
- You can now access the geo-restricted games on your PS3.
Another (simpler) method is to connect to your VPN server from your wifi-router, and then connect your PS3 to that. Personally, VPN on PS3 using a router is our preferred solution. Make sure your router is VPN compatible.
You can now enjoy your PS3 and all its hidden features.